In the last couple of weeks I've also managed to sort out my visa for getting back to the US and Paul! So despite the insanity of January, it really has all been worth it. But I've been dying for it all to calm down. So I can sew. Get moving. Start producing. Get my head back above water, which I've barely been managing to doggy paddle through.
Today was supposed to be my first day of uninterrupted sewing and planning and blogging. Back into what I've been missing! But instead, I've done my back in again :( Physio says no doing anything that causes pain (that's everything right now). So instead I try to find a non-pain position and stay there until the pain comes back, and I find a new one. This makes working on the laptop ok in very small bursts. It makes driving, sewing, cutting fabric, tidying, almost anything else... totally impossible. Grrrr argh!
I can however, check in. Say hi. I haven't fallen off the planet. And show you some stuff I did manage to do pre-driving madness and now back-crap.
This is as far as I've managed to get with Curves Class.
|Supposed Front - initially my favourite side.|
It's a drunkard's path pot-holder, made form part of a charm pack of Good Fortune from Moda. The curved path was actually quite easy with Rachel's tutorials. The binding is where the disaster happened. I tried to do the zig-zag machine binding on Rachel's site, but I went wrong. Very wrong. I've been trying to figure it out at the back of my head, but it wasn't until I saw this tutorial today on Canoe Ridge Creations that I realised where it all fell down. I didn't realise you had to double the binding to start with, and I didn't get the join of the two ends of binding at all right! I should probably rip it out and do it again, but it was supposed to be a learning project, and it is happily living as a mug rug by the laptop now, so I'm going to leave it and just do better next time!
Next up was an orange peel cushion. I chose my fabrics, and cut out the non-peel central shapes, but that was it. I am dying to make it though, the fabrics are gorgeous - a combination of the QuiltCon solids, a tiny bit of Salt Air and some Floressence (Fragrant Corsage in Snow).
I finally have caught up with the Sew Solid Crew Stash Club! I have eight x and + blocks made now, and waiting for February's orange to arrive to add another four! I love them.
|The background is Dictionary Sewing Guide in cream and concrete from Mama Said Sew.|
I'm linking up with the Small Blog Meet at Lily's Quilts!